Thank you for visiting the John Williams Boat Company. Please fill out the following form to send us a message. Please click on the “SUBMIT” button when you are ready to send your message. You may use this form to request more information about our services and provide feedback about this website.
Mount Desert, ME 04660
There are 100 feet of water at our front door. The view from our shed, overlooking Somes Sound, is an inspiration. We welcome your call or, even better, your visit.
We are located in Hall Quarry, a village on the “Quiet Side” of Mount Desert Island.
- In Ellsworth, take Route 3 south. Signs will indicate that you’re heading toward Bar Harbor.
- Once you come over the Trenton bridge onto Mount Desert Island, you’ll come to a fork. Take the right fork onto Route 102 toward Southwest Harbor. Route 3 continues left toward Bar Harbor.
- Three miles along, you’ll come to the historic village of Somesville, established by Abraham Somes, the island’s first settler. Feel free to pull over and snap photos of the original millpond.
- One mile after exiting Somesville, keep an eye out for our “John Williams Custom Boatbuilder” sign. Turn left onto Hall Quarry Road, a curvy affair that will have you swooping ever-closer to Somes Sound.
- About a mile along, on the left, you’ll see another “John Williams Custom Boatbuilder” sign at the top of Shipwright Lane. Turn left and wind your way down the lane.
- At the bottom, on the shore, you’ll find our complex of shops set amid the stone faces of a century-old granite quarry. Our office is easily visible from the bottom of the lane. Park anywhere.
The Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton provides the closest access by air. This airport, though small, provides rental car services. After exiting the airport road, turn left onto Route 3 and follow the directions above.
From Bangor International Airport, you are less than 40 miles from us. Follow the signs to I-95 south. Exit onto I-395, which will take you to Route 1A to Ellsworth. From there, follow the directions above.