Store your boat in the middle of the best cruising grounds on the East Coast. In addition to building yachts, the John Williams Boat Company offers full repair and restoration services plus facilities for indoor and outdoor storage of at least 100 boats. We offer repairs and servicing with the same attention to detail and quality evidenced in our boat building.
Whether you need a single plank replaced or the entire hull re-framed and planked, we are fully equipped for carvel and lapstrake planking as well as cold molding.We are recognized for our skill in extensive structural and mechanical retrofits and restorations on both wooden and fiberglass vessels. We handle boats as large as 60 feet in length.
You’ll find our facilities provide everything you need:
- Launching and hauling service using our 30-ton travelift and 14-ton hydraulic crane with 60-foot boom
- Competitive rates
- Inside storage and unlimited outside storage
At our full-service boat yard, you’ll find:
- The deep, clear water of Somes Sound right up to our dock (38 feet at low tide)
- Fresh artesian-well water
- In-water repair capability
- Full-time rigger, master mechanic, machinist, welder, fiberglass and master carpenters, and painters
- Immediate access to electronics and electrical technicians, a boat-transport service, a sailmaker, and upholsterer
- Next-day delivery from major marine distributors
- Private float for dockage of large vessels by reservation
Come see us when you’re cruising beautiful Mount Desert.